1/1 Photo of Candy Cane Pinwheels
From Cook's Country magazine. Grind the peppermint candies in a food processor until they are pulverized. Times do not include chill time of at least 2 hours.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1whisk flour, baking powder, and salt in bowl.
- 2With electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy (about 2 minutes).
- 3Beat in egg until incorporated.
- 4Reduce speed to low, add flour mixture, and mix until dough forms (about 1 minute).
- 5Remove half of the dough from bowl and reserve.
- 6Add extracts, candy, and food coloring to remaining dough and mix until combined.
- 7Place reserved dough between 2 sheets of parchment paper and roll into 14 by 8-inch rectangle. Repeat with peppermint dough, then place on top fo plain dough and press gently to adhere.
- 8With long side facing you, roll dough into log.
- 9Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, at least 2 hours or up to 3 days.
- 10Adjust oven racks to upper-middle and lower-middle positions and heat oven to 375 degrees.
- 11Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- 12Slice chilled dough into 1/4-inch rounds and place 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheets.
- 13Bake until edges are just golden (12-14 minutes), switching and rotating sheets halfway through baking.
- 14Let cool 10 minutes on sheet, then transfer to wire rack and cool completely.
- 15Repeat with remaining dough.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Candy Cane Pinwheels
Serving Size: 1 (15 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 50
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 73.2
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 12.2 mg
- Sodium 19.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 0.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: