Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Made these from Nick Jr family magazine-- easy and turned out great!
Make and share this Candy Cane Kisses recipe from Food.com.
- 8 regular size candy canes
- 2 egg whites, at room temperature
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup superfine sugar
- TIP: When separating the eggs be sure that absolutely NO yolk gets in with the whites.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line two large cookie sheets with Parchment paper
- Place unwrapped candy canes in zip lock or paper bag and crush with rolling pin or mallet. (Should have about 1 cup).
- Place egg whites in bowl and beat until foamy.
- Add salt and cream of tartar.
- Beat again at medium.
- Gradually sprinkle in sugar, about a tbs at a time.
- Continue beating until mixture is shiny and forms stiff peaks.
- Fold in candy until barely incorporated.
- Drop batter on parchment covered cookie sheet in heaping teaspoons about 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Place into hot oven, shut door.
- Turn off the oven.
- Leave in oven at least one hour. (can also make these before bed and remove in morning.)
- For cookies to crisp properly, do not open the oven door!
- Finish cooling on rack.
- Store in covers tin at room temperature to maintain crispness.
these were super easy and yummy. the recipe didnt specify when to put in the vanilla so guesses. also my mix never was able to make stiff peaks but the finished product was delicious. i only had one cookie sheet so i made them a little bigger and i like them because they were chewier in the center. next time i make them... and there will be a next time. i think i will add some dark chocolate flakes to the mix. they were really good with chocolate! very festive looking cookies!
These were really good, easy and made a beautiful addition to the Christmas tray. Followed recipe except for the superfine sugar (I whirled regular sugar in my Bamix). Thank you, Flybaby.