1/2 Photos of Candy Cane Ice Cream Pie With Oreo Cookie Crust
5 hrs 8 mins
Basic recipe from Woman's World 12/18/08, but I have added instructions for an Oreo pie crust. Preparation time includes chilling time. To allow advance preparation of the whipped cream topping, I use Kate's Chantilly Cream - Stabilized Whipped Cream With Vanilla #485591. Made 12/18/13: whipped cream was unnecessary; vanilla layer did not impress, why not use chocolate mint as a contrast? Used 12 Star Light peppermint candies in clock face layout and crushed 6 candies to sprinkle over top. I recommend using a rich ice cream so that it will soften easily. Edy's Grand Peppermint was super in this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
OREO PIE CRUST
- 20 Oreo cookies, crumbled (2 cups)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
ICE CREAM FILLING
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- 10 Oreo cookies, crushed (1 cup)
- 1 1/2 quarts peppermint ice cream, softened
WHIPPED CREAM TOPPING
- 1MAKE OREO PIE CRUST:.
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (177 degrees Celsius).
- 3Mix Oreo crumbs and melted butter together.
- 4Press into 9" deep-dish pie pan bottom and sides.
- 5Bake for 8 minutes. Cool completely.
- 6PREPARE ICE CREAM FILLING:.
- 7Spread softened vanilla ice cream over bottom of pie crust.
- 8Sprinkle with crushed cookies.
- 9Freeze until set, about 1 hour.
- 10Spread softened peppermint ice cream over cookie layer, mounding slightly in center.
- 11Freeze at least 4 hours or overnight.
- 12PREPARE WHIPPED CREAM TOPPING JUST BEFORE SERVING:.
- 13On medium-high speed, beat cream with sugar until stiff peaks form.
- 14If desired, fit large star tip into large pastry bag. Using small, clean brush, starting at tip of bag, paint 5 long lines of food coloring inside bag, ending 1 inch from top edge. Fill bag with whipped cream. Pipe rosettes.
- 15If not using pastry bag, spread plain whipped cream over pie.
- 16If desired, garnish with peppermint candies.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Candy Cane Ice Cream Pie With Oreo Cookie Crust
Serving Size: 1 (88 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 329.1
- Calories from Fat 206
- Total Fat 22.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.6 g
- Cholesterol 60.6 mg
- Sodium 207.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 19.6 g
- Protein 3.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
peppermint ice cream