3 hrs 15 mins
Munchkin Mama's Note:
I forgot I had this recipe and I thought I'd post it before Christmas. It is easy and good for any time of year. Can be made up to 1 month ahead of time! The chocolate sauce is optional and I usually don't add it but if you really like chocolate it does add to the already lovely presentation.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups mint chocolate chip ice cream, softened
- 7 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1/2 cup crushed candy cane
For the chocolate sauce (optional)
- 1Spray a 2-qt. mold with nonstick coating.
- 2Spread softened mint chip ice cream in the mold and smooth the surface evenly. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- 3Spread about *half* of the vanilla ice cream over the mint chip layer. Freeze again for 30 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, stir together the remaining vanilla ice cream and the crushed candy canes in a chilled mixing bowl; When the previous layer has had time to freeze, spread evenly over the vanilla ice cream layer.
- 5Cover and freeze several hours or up to 1 month.
- 6For the chocolate sauce: combine chocolate pieces, light cream of half & half, and sugar in a small saucepan. Cook and stir over low heat until melted and smooth. Increase the heat to medium and continue to cook until just boiling.
- 7Remove from heat; stir in liqueur or peppermint extract. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator.
- 8To serve: wrap a hot towel around the mold for several seconds. Place a serving plate upside down over the mold. Carefully invert and remove mold. Serve at once with warm or cooled chocolate sauce.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Candy Cane Ice Cream Bombe
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 280.3
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 45.7 mg
- Sodium 74.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 28.8 g
- Protein 3.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mint chocolate chip ice cream