Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Wow, this is great for Christmas.
- 12 cups milk
- 9 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup crushed candy canes or 1 cup hard peppermint candy
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups peppermint schnapps
- whipped cream
- additional crushed peppermint candy
- In a large saucepan, heat milk and bring to a simmer.
- Add white chocolate, 1 cup candy, and salt.
- Whisk mixture until smooth.
- Add schnapps and mix until heated through.
- Ladle mixture into mugs.
- Top with whipped cream and crushed peppermints.
A lovely treat on a cold winter day. I enjoyed the flavors in this lovely creamy and rich chocolate. Made for Comfort Cafe Chalet/2010 :)
ohhh, what a treat. :) I scaled it down for one and didn't add the schnapps. I used low fat milk and fat free whipped cream. It was very very very good and tasted just like Christmas. Thanks for sharing!
Absolutely delicious! I did not include the alcohol in the mixture but served aside in candy shot glasses so my friends had the option of adding or not. The kids loved changing the color from white to pink by magic using their candy cane wands. A keeper! Made for The Comfort Cafe, a tag game.