Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an AWESOME gift for anyone at Christmas time. You can package it in single serving bags and give away with a pretty mug or in a large pretty jar fit for a family. This has been a hit anytime I've given it away as a gift!
- 1 cup powdered milk
- 1 cup sugar, superfine
- 1 cup cocoa powder, special dark variety
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips, miniature semi sweet
- 1⁄2 cup candy cane, crushed
- Layer ingredients in a pretty glass quart container or any other packaging of your choice.
- Decorate the container with a tag, ribbon, and any other wrapping desired.
- On the directions tag write, "Spoon 3-4 tablespoons of the mix into your cup and add boiling water. Stir well and add milk if desired".
Oh, boy. This was the very best hot cocoa mix I have ever tasted. The peppermint candy really added a very refreshing minty touch against the rich chocolate base. I used peppermint sticks to keep stirring our drinks, so none of the cocoa or melted chips settled at the bottom. Yum. I will definitely be making several batches this year, presented in nice glass jars and tied with festive holiday ribbon, and giving them as Christmas gifts this year. Thanks MelanieB. This is a big winner in my book.
Awesome recipe. Can't go wrong with this one.