Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A hot chocolate mix with variations a great gift idea or a winter drink, serve with a small candy cane and top whipped cream!
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup coffee creamer
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups skim milk powder (I use carnation)
- 1 cup candy cane, crushed
- In a large bowl measure and sift powdered sugar, unsweetned cocoa, coffee creamer,salt and skim milk powder.
- Break up and pulse in food processor til candy canes are very fine. Cover your ears its gonna get noisy!
- Mix all together and store in air tight container until ready to serve.
- To make hot chocolate mix 1/3 cup hot chocolate mix in a cup of boiling water. Top with whipped cream!
- For a gift basket idea I make a batch of just plain hot chocolate, one batch with candy cane added and one batch with mini marshmallows. For a batch -one cup of mini marhmallows. Fill three decorative air tight containers with one of each of these kinds label with instructions for making, add a cute mug, nice gift for the holidays.
- About 14 candy canes or 175 gram box will yield one cup.
Thank you for sharing this great hot chocolate. It was quick and easy to make, with excellent results. I will make this again and again. I did garnish with whipped cream and a cherry as I used up all my candy canes. Thanks for being such a great PAC baby. :)
I think this is worth the full 5 stars. It's super simple to make, will keep very well and most importantly is just delicious! It may be Aug now but the temp today is only 12c and this is a real treat. I used 1/4 cup of mix in a latte mug. Thanks Calee :D
I love the peppermint flavor the candy canes give this hot chocolate.It makes more servings than listed. I think next time I might increase the coco ratio to skim milk/coffee creamer.I added mini marshallows to my cup and this would definately make a nice gift. Thank you calee.