1/1 Photo of Candy Cane Fudge
2 hrs 25 mins
Every year, my best friend and I get together to do our holiday baking together. We found a new recipe last year, which we decided to try. It turned out fantastic. Both of our families really liked this fudge. So I thought I would post the recipe here, for others to enjoy. It's quick to fix (only about 15-20 minutes) and it's very easy as candy-making goes. The cooking time listed below is the minimum chilling time needed for the fudge to "set" well enough to cut into individual serving pieces.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (10 ounce) packages vanilla baking chips (or white baking morsels)
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4-1 teaspoon peppermint extract (depending on preferences)
- 1 1/2 cups finely-crushed candy canes
- red food coloring
- 1Line an 8x8-inch square baking pan with aluminum foil. Lightly coat the bottom of the foil with butter.
- 2In a medium size saucepan, combine the vanilla chips and the sweetened condensed milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until the vanilla chips are melted.
- 3Remove the pan from the heat and continue to stir (to remove any lumps that might be left from partially unmelted chips).
- 4When chips are completely melted, stir in the peppermint extract and crushed candy canes.
- 5Spread the fudge mixture evenly in the bottom of the prepared baking pan.
- 6Dot the top of the fudge with several drops of food coloring. (NOTE: I used about 9 drops of food coloring. But feel free to reduce or increase that, depending on the amount of swirling you wish in your fudge). With a butter knife, cut through the fudge and food coloring, making a swirling pattern throughout the fudge.
- 7Chill for 2 hours. Remove the fudge from the baking pan by lifting the foil from both ends. Transfer fudge to cutting board, and cut into 1-inch squares.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Candy Cane Fudge
Serving Size: 1 (15 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 64
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 67.8
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 3.3 mg
- Sodium 15.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 1.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: