1/1 Photo of Candy Cane Cookies - Sandra Lee
I remember making these as a little girl with my mom and grandmother. This is Sandra Lee's recipe from foodnetwork.com - so simple, but ohhh so good. Caution: they are addictive! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- 2In a bowl, combine sugar cookie mix, melted butter, egg, cream cheese, and flour; mix together to form dough. Separate dough into 2 equal portions and place in 2 different bowls.
- 3Add red food coloring gradually to 1 bowl of dough, kneading together until desired shade of red is created.
- 4To second bowl of uncolored dough, add peppermint extract and knead together.
- 5On a floured work surface, shape each dough into balls and then roll each ball into 1/4-inch-wide ropes, each about 6 inches long.
- 6For each cookie, carefully twist some of the red and white ropes of dough together and shape into a candy cane. Spread candy canes out on cookie sheets and bake on the top shelf of the oven for about 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool before serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Candy Cane Cookies - Sandra Lee
Serving Size: 1 (21 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 82.3
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 32.7 mg
- Sodium 60.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 1.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sugar cookie mix