1/1 Photo of Candy Cane Cookies (Or Cutouts!)
My best friend in college gave me this recipe from her mom's collection. They're wonderful as written, however, add a little extra flour to the dough, skip tinting half red, and you have the most delicious sugar cookie dough for cookie cutouts I've ever had! I've used this dough for Xmas Cutouts for over a decade now. I use the icing from Kittencal's Buttery Cut-Out Sugar Cookies W/ Icing That Hardens.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat together butter, powdered sugar, egg, almond extract and vanilla.
- 2Mix together flour and salt, and add to the wet ingredients, stirring until well-combined.
- 3Divide dough in half. Add red food coloring to half the dough. Roll even logs 1/2" wide of red dough, then white dough. Twist together and bend top to form cane shape.
- 4Bake on ungreased sheet for 9 minute at 375 deg. Can be sprinkled with a crushed candy cane and sugar mixture while still warm.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Candy Cane Cookies (Or Cutouts!)
Serving Size: 1 (721 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 138.4
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 28.0 mg
- Sodium 167.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 1.6 g