Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
My nickname is Candy Cane, so this recipe jumped out at me. My mother and I bake every Christmas and gift wrap our goodies for family and friends. This recipe is from my boyfriend's mom and it is one to keep! Not sure of the serving size!
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup finely crushed candy cane, mixed with
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red food coloring
- Mix all ingredients. Split dough into equal portions.
- Color one portion of the dough red. Refrigerate the dough long enough to be able to easily work with it.
- Break off one piece (approx. one teaspoon of each color) and roll by hand into four to five inch tubes.
- Twist the two pieces together and bend forming a candy cane.
- Sprinkle the top with the candy cane/sugar mixture. Be careful when removing from the cookie sheet, they will break easily.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 6-9 minutes.