1/4 Photos of Candy Cane Cookies
I don't know where this one came from but my high school cooking class. This was one of the cookies we made for the Christmas Dinner they had on the last day of school.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream together butter and sugar until smooth.
- 2Beat in egg, vanilla and peppermint extract.
- 3Stir together flour, baking powder and salt.
- 4Alternately with milk add dry ingredients to creamed butter mixture. 3 dry, 2 milk. Until smooth and pliable.
- 5Divide in 1/2; blend food coloring into 1/2.
- 6Cover and chill for 4 hours or firm.
- 7Cut each into 48 pieces.
- 8With hands, gently roll one piece of each color into 4 inch rope. Place side by side and twist together.
- 9Put on cookie sheet, form a cane.
- 10Bake at 375 F for 12-15 minutes.
- 11Hints: Gently squish the ropes together and onto the cookie sheet, that way they stay together and don't unravel. Since I make 8 dozen each year, I make 2 batches of dough and add the food coloring to the milk of one dough, that way I don't have to over work the dough trying to get the color evenly mixed inches.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Candy Cane Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1045 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 86.5
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 14.9 mg
- Sodium 40.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 1.2 g