1 hr 25 mins
Kelley Maillard's Note:
Not just for Christmas anymore! Why not change the color or shape to have them year round! Red hearts for Valentine's Day, green shamrocks for St. Patrick's Day and so on. These are great for a snack or for dunking in your tea.
My Private Note
dozen c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat butter and confectioner's sugar until light and fluffy.
- 2Beat in egg, vanilla and almond extract until well blended.
- 3In a separate bowl, combine flour and salt then add to butter mixture.
- 4Divide dough in half. Blend in food coloring to one half.
- 5Work with 1/4 of the plain dough and 1/4 of the tinted dough. Keep remainder of dough in the refridgerator until ready for use to keep it from drying out while making the cookies.
- 6Roll 1/4tsp of the plain dough into a 4 inch-long rope. Repeat with 1/4 teaspoons of the tinted dough.
- 7Holding the ends, twist the two ropes together and place on an ungreased cookie sheet, curving one end to look like a candy cane.
- 8Repeat placing the cookies 1 inch apart on the cookie sheet.
- 9Bake at 375°F for about 10 minutes. Remove immediately from cookie sheet; cool on rack.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Candy Cane Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (720 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 832.4
- Calories from Fat 432
- Total Fat 48.0 g
- Saturated Fat 29.6 g
- Cholesterol 174.8 mg
- Sodium 637.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 89.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 29.9 g
- Protein 10.1 g