1/1 Photo of Candy Cane Cookies
Darryn Glass's Note:
Christmas Favorite Candy Cane shaped cookies
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Mix shortening, confectioners' sugar, egg and flavorings thoroughly.
- 3Measure flour by dipping method or sifting.
- 4Mix flour and salt; stir into shortening mixture.
- 5Divide dough in half.
- 6Blend food coloring into one half.
- 7Roll a 4" strip (using 1 tsp dough) from each color.
- 8For smooth even strips roll them back and forth on a lightly floured surface.
- 9Place strips side by side, press lightly together and twist like a rope. For best results, complete cookies one at a time. If all the dough of one color is shaped first, strips become too dry to twist.
- 10Place on ungreased baking sheet.
- 11Curve top to form handle of cane.
- 12Bake about 9 minutes until lightly browned.
- 13While still warm, remove from baking sheet with spatula and sprinkle with sugar.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Candy Cane Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (44 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 216.9
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 11.7 mg
- Sodium 133.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 12.2 g
- Protein 2.1 g