Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A tasty holiday flavored cocoa for the sugar challenged. You get some therapeutic pounding on the candies as a bonus, lol.
- 1 1⁄3 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 cup sugar free peppermint candy, coarsely crushed
- Splenda sugar substitute (optional)
- peppermint stick candy, optional garnish
- In a food processor stir together dry milk powder, cocoa powder.
- Process until well blended.
- Stir in the crushed candies.
- FOR EACH SERVING:.
- Place 2 Tbsp (or as much as you like) mix in a mug.
- Gradually add 1 cup boiling water, stirring constantly until crushed candy melts.
- Add peppermint stick to mug, if desired.
I loved this hot cocoa mix. It will be perfect for our daughter. I added 1 teaspoon of Splenda to my cup for a great cup of hot cocoa. Thank you for posting. Made for *PRMR Holiday Special 2009* game
I made this for a friend who recently found out that they are diabetic. Of course I had to try a cup, and it didn't taste like a sugarfree drink. I love the aroma of the crushed peppermint candies as I was stirring this drink. My friend is going to love this drink. Made for Dec. 2009 Photo Tag.
Love that this is made with nonfat milk and sugar free candy. Peppermint Cocoa Mmm, Mmm, Mmm. A very simple mix that is nice to have on hand for the Holidays. Also like that you can adjust the sweetness to your own taste. Thanks so much for the yummy post.