Prep 1 min
Cook 10 mins
This is great for those cold winter nights just around Christmas, especially Christmas Eve ; )
Make and share this Candy Cane Cocoa recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups milk
- 3 ounces chocolate, chopped (3 squares)
- 4 red and white striped peppermint candies, crushed
- 4 small red and white striped candy canes
- whipped cream
- In a sauce pan bring the milk to a simmer.
- Add the chocolate and crushed candies.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Divide hot cocoa between 4 mugs and garnish with whipped cream and serve with a candy cane stirring stick.
I had MANY candy canes to be used,so I just crushed up the straight part of one to use. I also used half of a regular chocolate bar and half "special dark". It was very smooth and rich. I dunked the hooked part in the cocoa and enjoyed!! Thanks- Made for Comfort Cafe.
This is great! I am so glad that I found this recipe to use up my leftover candy canes. I just crushed up 2 candy canes and used the other 4 for the drinks. My 2 sick DD's enjoyed this warm drink while staying home from school. Made and Reviewed as the recipe of the day in the Comfort Cafe. Thanks! :)
This is very good! I used 2% milk and chopped up the chocolate and mints in the blender to almost a powder consistency. Once all assembled and topped with the whipped cream - it was yummy! If we lived in a colder climate I'd be having this more often. Made for I Recommend Tag Game.