Prep 3 hrs
Cook 15 mins
- 4 cups bittersweet chocoalte chips (two 12-oz. packages)
- 2 (14 ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2⁄3 cup crushed candy cane (about 8 medium)
- Line two 8-inch-square baking pans with parchment or nonstick foil, leaving an overhang on 2 sides.
- In a small saucepan, combine the chocolate chips and condensed milk. Cook over low heat, stirring often, until chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth. Add butter, vanilla, and salt, and stir until butter has melted.
- Spread chocolate mixture evenly into the prepared pans and sprinkle with the candy canes, gently pressing them into top of fudge. Refrigerate until firm, about 3 hours and up to 2 weeks.
- Using the overhang, transfer the fudge to a cutting board and cut into 1-inch squares.
I followed this recipe exactly and my fudge did not harden.