Recipe by Sharon123
This is so yummy! Great for Christmas dessert! Adapted from Cathy Leslie's (Cat to her friends) CD, via Chef2Chef!
Top Review by SweetsLady
Yummy! Made this after my daughter came home for CHRISTmas break, as she loves peppermint. I made my own chocolate graham crust. I might add a tad more peppermint, but that is just personal preference.
- 1 1⁄3 cups chocolate cookie crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon white flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2⁄3 cup crushed peppermint candy
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325*F.
- Combine cookie crumbs, sugar and butter, and press into a 9 inch springform pan.
- Blend sour cream, sugar, eggs, flour and peppermint and vanilla extracts until smooth. Add cream cheese and 2 tablespoons butter. Stir in crushed candy. Pour into the crust and bake on lowest rack of oven for 50-60 minutes or until firm.
- Allow to cool and refrigerate overnight. The top may crack, but that's okay! Remove from pan and serve. Top with sweetened whip cream and garnish with candy cane if desired. Enjoy!