Recipe by josamky1063
Your little elves’ eyes will light up when they see—and taste—this pretty peppermint bundt cake.
Top Review by whtbxrmom
We all enjoyed this cake. Unlike the photo, I didn't frost the entire cake. I used a decorative bundt pan and wanted the cake to show. So I drizzled the icing and used one crushed candy cane, which I sprinkled over top. It was very pretty and the cake was moist, so it didn't need the extra frosting. We took it to the in laws for dessert and wish that we would have brought some home. I will absolutely be making this one again!
- 510.29 g boxbetty crocker supermoist cake mix
- 295.73 ml water
- 78.07 ml vegetable oil
- 3 egg whites
- 2.46 ml red food coloring
- 2.46 ml peppermint extract
- 236.59 ml powdered sugar
- 14.79 ml milk or 14.79 ml water
- 2.46 ml vanilla, if desired
- crushed candy canes or crushed hard peppermint candy, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Generously grease and flour 12-cup fluted tube (bundt cake) pan.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil and egg whites with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds; beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Pour about 2 cups batter into pan. Pour about 3/4 cup batter into small bowl; stir in food color and peppermint extract. Carefully pour pink batter over white batter in pan. Carefully pour remaining white batter over pink batter.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Turn pan upside down onto wire rack or heatproof serving plate; remove pan. Cool cake completely, about 1 hour.
- In small bowl, mix all icing ingredients. Stir in additional milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, until smooth and spreadable. Spread icing over cake. Sprinkle top with crushed candy.