1/2 Photos of Candy Cane Cake
2 hrs 20 mins
Your little elves’ eyes will light up when they see—and taste—this pretty peppermint bundt cake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) box betty crocker supermoist cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon red food coloring
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- crushed candy canes or crushed hard peppermint candy, if desired
- 1Heat oven to 350ºF. Generously grease and flour 12-cup fluted tube (bundt cake) pan.
- 2In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil and egg whites with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds; beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- 3Pour about 2 cups batter into pan. Pour about 3/4 cup batter into small bowl; stir in food color and peppermint extract. Carefully pour pink batter over white batter in pan. Carefully pour remaining white batter over pink batter.
- 4Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Turn pan upside down onto wire rack or heatproof serving plate; remove pan. Cool cake completely, about 1 hour.
- 5In small bowl, mix all icing ingredients. Stir in additional milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, until smooth and spreadable. Spread icing over cake. Sprinkle top with crushed candy.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Candy Cane Cake
Serving Size: 1 (93 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 281.0
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.1 mg
- Sodium 299.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 33.2 g
- Protein 2.8 g