Cook1 hr 45 mins
A beautiful, yet simple to prepare cake, perfect for the Christmas holiday. A nice addition to the dessert menu for a family gathering or other event.
- 1 (18 ounce) packagebetty crocker supermoist white cake mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 egg whites
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red food coloring
- 1⁄2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon regular vanilla or 1⁄2 teaspoon clear vanilla
- crushed candy cane (optional)
- Heat oven to 350. Generously grease a 10 to 12 cup bundt pan; lightly coat with flour.
- Make cake mix as directed on package. Pour about 2 cups of batter into pan.
- In small bowl, pour about 3/4 cup batter; stir in food color and peppermint extract.
- Carefully pour pink batter over white batter in pan. Carefully pour remaining white batter over pink batter.
- Bake 38 to 42 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes our clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- In small bowl, mix together glaze ingredients, using just 1 T of milk at first. Stir in additional milk 1 teaspoon at a time until smooth and consistency of thick syrup. Spread glaze over cake, allowing some to drizzle down side. Garnish with crushed candy canes, if desired.
- Store loosely covered at room temperature.