1 hr 10 mins
I found this in the paper after already making all of my Christmas cookies. I'll try them next year.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350. Coat an 8 inch square pan with cooking spray.
- 2Mix sugar, salt and flour. Set aside.
- 3In double boiler or microwave safe bowl, combine butter and half the chocolate chips. Melt, stirring often, then remove from heat. Whisk in the cocoa, transfer to a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- 4In large measuring cup, whisk together eggs, vanilla and milk. Add this to the chocolate and cocoa mixture and whisk well to combine. Fold in the flour mixture, then add the remaining chocolate chips and all but 2 tablespoons of the crushed candy canes.
- 5Transfer to prepared pan and sprinkle top with 1 tablespoon of crushed candy. Bake 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out covered with cakey bits.
- 6Dust top with remaining candy.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Candy Cane Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (141 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 545.3
- Calories from Fat 268
- Total Fat 29.8 g
- Saturated Fat 17.7 g
- Cholesterol 113.0 mg
- Sodium 102.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 54.2 g
- Protein 6.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: