Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Perfect for the holidays.
- 1 lb frozen bread dough
- 1⁄2 cup all-bran cereal
- 1⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 large egg, separated
- 1 tablespoon water
- On floured surface, roll dough into a 15-inch x 6-inch rectangle.
- In a medium bowl, mix bran, brown sugar, walnuts, raisins, and margarine. Spoon mixture over dough to within 1/2 inch of edges. Roll up tightly from long edge; seal seam and ends.
- Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Place dough roll seam side down on the baking sheet; form into candy cane shape. Cover with damp towel; let rise in warm draft-free place until doubled in size, about 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375°F
- With sharp knife, lightly slash top of loaf at 2-inch intervals. Beat together egg white and water; brush on dough. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown and loaf sounds hollow when tapped.
- Cool completely on wire rack. Decorate with candied cherries.