Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 48 Hershey candy cane kisses
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup sugar crystals (red or green) or 1 -1 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar (red or green)
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Remove wrappers from candies.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar,egg and vanilla in large bowl until well blended. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; add alternately with milk to butter mixture, beating until well blended.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in red sugar, granulated sugar, powdered sugar or a combination of any of the sugars. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and cookie is set. Remove from oven; cool 2 to 3 minutes. Press a candy piece into center of each cookie. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.