Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A delicious after-dinner treat OR package in festive tins for a special gift! Chilling is not included in the timing.
- 1 lb chopped bittersweet chocolate (belgian is best)
- 8 drops aromatherapy peppermint extract (from health food store) or 8 drops peppermint extract
- 1 lb chopped white chocolate (Belgian if possible)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped candy cane
- Line 11 X 17 inch baking sheet with parchment paper& set aside.
- Melt dark chocolate in a heavy pot over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Stir in 4 drops of peppermint oil.
- Spread chocolate evenly onto the prepared sheet& refrigerate until set, about 1 hour.
- Melt white chocolate in a heavy pot over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Stir in 4 drops of peppermint oil followed by candy cane pieces.
- Spread white chocolate mixture over chilled dark chocolate, spreading to the edge of the pan.
- Refrigerate until set, about 4 hours or overnight- up to 3 weeks.
- Break into pieces and serve or package as gifts.
I used high quality French chocolate. This recipe is a big hit at our house this Christmas.