Prep 15 mins
Cook 24 mins
adapted from a Land O Lakes cookie cookbook...simple to throw together for a last minute gift idea..or carry in
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350*.
- In medium bowl, stir together all crust ingredients.
- Press on bottom of 9" square baking pan.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until edges are very lightly browned. Meanwhile, in medium bowl,stir together coconut and sweetened condensed milk.
- Pour over hot crust.
- Continue baking for 12-17 minutes or edges are lightly browned and center is set. Place candy bars on top of baked filling to cover entire surface.
- Continue baking for 4-5 minutes or until chocolate is melted.
- Spread chocolate over bars.
- Cool completely, until chocolate is set. cut into squares.
Excellant recipe. I like the original recipe also using chocolate bars with almonds. Both ways are yummy!