From the sales literature for the cookbook called "A Passion For Baking" by Marcy Goldman. I like that these have no cornstarch in them like some other recipes. These sound delicious and I am sure you could use your favorite chocolate bar. I am stashing this on Zaar to try with Reeses Cups. It is making me hungry just thinking about them! Just might have to break down and buy this cookbook.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Stack 2 baking sheets together and line top sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixer bowl, cream butter and sugar until blended.
- Add flour and salt and mix to make a stiff dough that does not quite hold together.
- Pat dough into a 13"x9" pan that is lined with parchment and set pan on prepared baking sheet OR pat dough in a rectangle (about 14" by 10").
- Bake until lightly golden, 25 to 40 minutes.
- Sprinkle chocolate on hot, uncut shortbread.
- Let set about 5 minutes and smear chocolate around.
- Cut into 2-inch squres and remove cookies to the fridge or freezer to set up.