1/1 Photo of Candy Bar Shortbread
Kat's Mom's Note:
From the sales literature for the cookbook called "A Passion For Baking" by Marcy Goldman. I like that these have no cornstarch in them like some other recipes. These sound delicious and I am sure you could use your favorite chocolate bar. I am stashing this on Zaar to try with Reeses Cups. It is making me hungry just thinking about them! Just might have to break down and buy this cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Stack 2 baking sheets together and line top sheet with parchment paper.
- 3In a mixer bowl, cream butter and sugar until blended.
- 4Add flour and salt and mix to make a stiff dough that does not quite hold together.
- 5Pat dough into a 13"x9" pan that is lined with parchment and set pan on prepared baking sheet OR pat dough in a rectangle (about 14" by 10").
- 6Bake until lightly golden, 25 to 40 minutes.
- 7Sprinkle chocolate on hot, uncut shortbread.
- 8Let set about 5 minutes and smear chocolate around.
- 9Cut into 2-inch squres and remove cookies to the fridge or freezer to set up.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Candy Bar Shortbread
Serving Size: 1 (17 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 131.9
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 7.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 1.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Toblerone chocolate bars