Prep 4 hrs 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A combination of a few recipes and this was created, kids love it! Regardless of someone finding this on TOH with similarities, I state this is a combination of 2 different Jello pudding recipes. I wanted the filling of one combined into the other. that is why there is a cream cheese filling in mine. I combined the two Jello pudding pie recipes to suit my needs.
- 2 cups cold milk
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 (9 ounce) graham cracker pie crust
- 1 (16 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
- 6 ounces hershey's chocolate bars with almonds, chopped (ANY candy bars with nuts)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened**
- 1⁄8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix cream cheese and 2 tablespoon of the milk and vanilla in a bowl with wire whisk until smooth.
- Gently Stir in 2 cups Cool Whip.
- Add chopped up candy bars (save a little for top of pie): Set aside **Hint use a hand chopper like the Pampered Chef one--it makes it so much easier to chop!** or freeze first then smash with mallet to break up.
- Pour remaining milk in a large bowl add puddings and mix until smooth, should be really thick.
- Spoon 1 1/2 cup of pudding into crust and spread evenly.
- Stir in 1/2cup of the Cool Whip into remaining pudding and whip to incorporate. fold in another 1/4 c cool whip to make fluffy.
- Spread cream cheese mixture into crust on top of pudding.
- Spread other pudding mixture on top of candy bar mixture.
- Top with some chopped candy bars and garnish edges with cool whip if desired.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours serve chilled.
- **To soften cream cheese, microwave for 15 seconds on high.
I found this recipe in the Taste of Home Grilling magazine but it did not call for the cream cheese. Other than that it is the same recipe and it is wonderful. We loved it without the cream cheese so maybe next time I'll add it too! Thanks!