Recipe by Old widow
I made this for the first time for a church function and it was gone so fast I did not get to try it so I had to make it again just so I could try some, YUM!! I found the recipe in a TOH Holiday cookbook. Cooking time includes chilling time.
- 1 refrigerated pie crust, from a 15 ounce package
- 5 Snickers candy bars, cut into 1/4 inch pieces (2.07 ounce each)
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup peanut butter
- 2⁄3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a 9 inch pie plate with pie crust and bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes or until golden brown, cool.
- Place candy bar pieces in pie shell, set aside.
- In mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs, sour cream and peanut butter, beat on low just until combined. Pour into pie shell.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until set.
- Cool on wire rack.
- In a heavy saucepan, melt chocolate chips with cream over low heat until smooth. Spread over filling.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Bring to room tempature before serving.
- Refrigerate leftovers.