Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
My mama's recipe, all my fat aunts and uncles love this artery clogger!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 3 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 30 individually wrapped caramels, unwrapped
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup milk chocolate chips
- Grease an 8x8 inch square baking pan.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine butter, cocoa powder, brown sugar and milk. Microwave until mixture boils. Stir in confectioners' sugar and vanilla extract. Pour into prepared pan.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave caramels and water until caramels melt. Stir in peanuts. Spread mixture over chocolate layer.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine semisweet and milk chocolate chips; microwave until melted. Spread over caramel layer. Chill for 2 hours, or until firm.