Recipe by Mirj
This is a simple recipe that can be done in the microwave that creates an incredible candy that is totally addictive!
Top Review by MizzNezz
Very easy recipe, and an excellent candy! This was done in less than 20 minutes and it is SO good. I tried to think of a candy bar it reminded me of, but it actually brings to mind several. So I'll just call it the Mirjam!! Thanks for the recipe---And my grandchildren say thanks too!
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄3 cup baking cocoa
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 3 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 30 caramels, unwrapped
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup milk chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the butter, cocoa, brown sugar and milk.
- Microwave on high until mixture boils, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in confectioners' sugar and vanilla.
- Pour into a greased 8-in.
- square baking pan.
- In another microwave-safe bowl, heat caramels and water on high for 2 minutes or until melted.
- Stir in peanuts; spread over chocolate layer.
- Microwave chocolate chips on high for 1 minute or until melted; spread over caramel layer.
- Chill until firm.