Recipe by looneytunesfan
This recipe combines butter pecan ice cream and instant pudding to create this sweet frozen treat. A crushed Butterfinger candy bar adds crunch to the tasty topping.
Top Review by WiGal
This is easy and delicious. Another variation of this that I have done is-use pistachio instant pudding in place of butter pecan and heath bars instead of butterfinger. I also put it in the refrigerator instead of the freezer and it is softer.
- 2 cups crushed graham crackers (about 16 squares)
- 1 cup crushed saltine (about 30 crackers)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups cold milk
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 quart butter pecan ice cream, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) carton frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 butterfinger candy bar, chopped (2.1 ounces)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the cracker crumbs and butter. Pat three-fourths of the mixture into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. dish. Refrigerate.
- In a bowl, whisk the milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Stir in ice cream until blended. Spread over crust. Spoon whipped topping over pudding layer; spread evenly over top.
- Combine the chopped candy bar and the remaining crumb mixture; sprinkle over the whipped topping. Cover and freeze for at least 2 hours.