Al Al's Note:
These peanut butter cookies are so yummy and even more fun when eaten from a stick with a snickers bar surprise in the middle. This is another recipe from my mom that I haven't made in years, but remember being very tasty! You could probably use just about any cookie recipe or miniature candy bar, but I haven't tried. It's fun to use colored candy or sugar to match the occasion (red/green for Christmas, pink for a girls birthday, etc.).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 40 wooden popsicle sticks
- 40 Snickers miniature candy bars (1 inch square)
- 1 small decorative candies (optional) or 1 small colored crystal sugar (optional)
- 1Beat peanut butter, butter, and shortening in large mixing bowl on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
- 2Add sugars and baking soda and beat till combined.
- 3Beat in eggs and vanilla till combined.
- 4Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer on medium speed, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Stir in any remaining flour with a wooden spoon.
- 5Insert a wooden stick into the side of each candy bar piece.
- 6Form about 2 tablespoons dough into a ball shape around each candy bar piece, making sure the candy bar is completely covered.
- 7If desired, roll the ball in decorative candies or colored sugar, gently pushing candies into the dough.
- 8Place cookies 2 1/2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- 9Bake in 325 degree oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden and set.
- 10Cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes. Remove from cookie sheet and cool completely on rack.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Candy Bar Cookies on a Stick
Serving Size: 1 (47 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 40
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 219.9
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 18.7 mg
- Sodium 132.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 18.2 g
- Protein 4.0 g