Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These peanut butter cookies are so yummy and even more fun when eaten from a stick with a snickers bar surprise in the middle. This is another recipe from my mom that I haven't made in years, but remember being very tasty! You could probably use just about any cookie recipe or miniature candy bar, but I haven't tried. It's fun to use colored candy or sugar to match the occasion (red/green for Christmas, pink for a girls birthday, etc.).
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 40 wooden popsicle sticks
- 40 Snickers miniature candy bars (1 inch square)
- 1 small decorative candies (optional) or 1 small colored crystal sugar (optional)
- Beat peanut butter, butter, and shortening in large mixing bowl on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
- Add sugars and baking soda and beat till combined.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla till combined.
- Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer on medium speed, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Stir in any remaining flour with a wooden spoon.
- Insert a wooden stick into the side of each candy bar piece.
- Form about 2 tablespoons dough into a ball shape around each candy bar piece, making sure the candy bar is completely covered.
- If desired, roll the ball in decorative candies or colored sugar, gently pushing candies into the dough.
- Place cookies 2 1/2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in 325 degree oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden and set.
- Cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes. Remove from cookie sheet and cool completely on rack.