Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Haven't made, but it is a Betty Crocker recipe. I am guessing on the work time.
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate pieces
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 2⁄3 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped peanuts
- Line a 13x9x2" baking pan with foil; extend foil over edges of pan.
- Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, cook and stir brown sugar, butter, and corn syrup over medium heat until combined.
- Remove from heat; stir in the 1/4 cup peanut butter and vanilla until smooth.
- For crust, place oats in a very large bowl.
- Pour brown sugar mixture over oats; stir gently until combined. Press mixture evenly onto bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake for 10-12 minute or until the edges are brown.
- In the same medium saucepan, cook and stir chocolate and butterscotch pieces over low heat until melted.
- Stir in the 2/3 cup peanut butter until mixture is smooth.
- Slowly pour mixture over hot crust,spreading evenly;.
- Sprinkle with peanuts.
- Cool for several hours or until chocolate layer is firm.
- Chill if necessary.
- Lift out of pan with foil.
- Cut into bars.