Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is from Dave Lieberman of the Food Network. It is really yummy and easy. Make sure the Snickers bars are cold or else as Dave says: "you'll get mush instead of chunks"! Note: 3/4 cup butter is 1 1/2 sticks or 12 tablespoons.
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted, plus a little more for greasing the pan
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 10 (15 g) mini fun-size Snickers candy bars, crumbled (about 1 1/2 cups)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9 by 13-inch cake pan with butter.
- Beat the 1 1/2 sticks of butter and the sugar together in a large bowl until blended.
- Beat in the eggs 1 at a time, then stir in water and vanilla.
- Sprinkle the salt and baking powder over the mixture, then mix inches.
- Do the same with the cocoa.
- Finally, stir in the flour until just blended.
- Put the candy bars in a food processor or blender and pulse on low speed until all the bars have been reduced to a coarse crumble.
- Fold the crumble into the batter thoroughly.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, until the center is set, the edges look a bit crusty, and the top of the brownies start to crack a little.
- Cool completely before cutting into squares.