Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This cake takes a little more time and effort than most but is well worth the extra time. Your family will love you for it. This is OH SO GOOD! I like to serve this with my homemade vanilla ice cream. Not sure of prep time.
- 6 chocolate-coated caramel nougat bars (I use Milky Way's)
- 1 cup butter, sofented and divided
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄4 cups buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Creamy Chocolate Glaze
- 2 1⁄4 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 6 tablespoons milk
- For Cake: Melt candy bars and 1/2 cup of the butter in a heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring well until smooth; set aside.
- In a large bowl beat remaining 1/2 cup butter and sugar together at medium speed with mixer until fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating until blended after each addition.
- In a bowl combine the flour and baking soda; add to sugar mixture alternately with the buttermilk; beginning and ending with the flour mixture.
- Beat at low speed with mixer after each addition.
- Stir in melted candy bar mixture, vanilla and pecans.
- Pour into a greased and floured 12 cup Bundt pan or 10" tube pan.
- Bake in 350 degree preheated oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for about 10 minutes; remove from pan and cool completely.
- Drizzle with the chocolate glaze.
- For the glaze: Stir together the sugar and cocoa in a large mixing bowl; add butter and milk; beat at medium speed with mixer until smooth.