Recipe by AmyZoe
Want to take your boring brownie mix to another dimension? Nothing like homemade frosting to take you there. Recipe courtesy of Ladies Home Journal Delicious Desserts.
- 19 1⁄2 ounces brownie mix
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 6 ounces M&M's or 6 ounces candy covered plain chocolate candies or 6 ounces chocolate candy bars
- colored sprinkles
Chocolate Butter Frosting
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare and bake the brownie mix according to package instructions using a 13x9x2 inch baking pan.
- Let cool in pan on a wire rack.
- Frost cooled brownies with Chocolate Butter Frosting.
- Top with candy and decorative sprinkles.
- Cut into bars.
- Chocolate Butter Frosting:.
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter and unsweetened cocoa powder with a mixer on medium until smooth.
- Gradually beat in a cup of powdered sugar until well combined.
- Gradually beat in 3 tablespoons milk and 1 teaspoon vanilla until combined.
- Gradually beat in 2 cups powdered sugar.
- If necessary, beat in additional milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, to reach spreading consistency.