Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
These are a little sweet, so go slowly.
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 egg
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 cups chopped candy bars (such as chocolate-coated, caramel-topped nougat bars with peanuts; chocolate-covered crisp wafers; c)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees or 325 degrees for glass dish.
- In large bowl, combine butter and peanut butter; add brown sugar and soda and beat well.
- Stir in flour and oats.
- Set aside 1 3/4 cups of the peanut butter mixture.
- Stir egg into remaining peanut butter mixture in bowl; pat into a 15 x 10-inch baking pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Spread sweetened condensed milk over the crust.
- Stir together reserved peanut butter mixture and chopped candy bars; sprinkle over all.
- Bake 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool and cut.
- Store leftovers loosely covered at room temperature.