Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
My kids love to help make these. Fun family activity.
- 6 medium Red Delicious apples
- 6 wooden popsickle sticks
- 3 cups sugar
- 2⁄3 cup light corn syrup
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 6 -8 drops red food coloring
- Wash and dry apples; remove stems.
- Insert wooden sticks into stem end of each apple; set aside.
- Combine next 4 ingredients in a heavy saucepan; mix well.
- Cook over medium heat until mixture reaches 295 degrees (candy thermometer), stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat; stir in food coloring.
- Quickly dip apples into mixture; allow excess to drip off.
- Place apples on a buttered baking sheet to cool.
My nieces spent last weekend with us and we made these. We had so much fun. They turned out just like the ones we get at the fair. Hard and crunchy bright red coating. Thanks for a fun and delicious family cooking experience.
I had trouble believing how easy these were to make. We made them for our Halloween party. They turned out beautiful. Bright red coating over crisp red delicious apples. The best. Thanks for posting this.
My daughter and I made these today, the eve of halloween .They turned out just great.