Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
My kids love to help make these. Fun family activity.
Top Review by bella214
My nieces spent last weekend with us and we made these. We had so much fun. They turned out just like the ones we get at the fair. Hard and crunchy bright red coating. Thanks for a fun and delicious family cooking experience.
- 6 medium Red Delicious apples
- 6 wooden popsickle sticks
- 3 cups sugar
- 2⁄3 cup light corn syrup
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 6 -8 drops red food coloring
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and dry apples; remove stems.
- Insert wooden sticks into stem end of each apple; set aside.
- Combine next 4 ingredients in a heavy saucepan; mix well.
- Cook over medium heat until mixture reaches 295 degrees (candy thermometer), stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat; stir in food coloring.
- Quickly dip apples into mixture; allow excess to drip off.
- Place apples on a buttered baking sheet to cool.