Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Sweet Candied Apples with a Red, Shiny Candy Coating.
- 15 apples
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red food coloring
- 3 g cherry Kool-Aid (1/2 envelope)
- Lightly grease cookie sheets. Insert sticks into whole, stemmed apples.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine sugar, corn syrup and water. Heat to 300 - 310 degrees F (149 - 154 degrees C), or until a small amount of syrup dropped into cold water forms hard, brittle threads. Remove from heat and stir in food coloring and Kool-Aide.
- Holding the apple by its stick, dip in syrup and remove and turn and coat evenly. Place on grease cookie sheet to harden.
- *Hint - Place syrup mixture in a bowl over a pot with lightly boiling water to keep candy from hardening while dipping!