Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
An old favorite.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 -8 medium apples
- Mix sugar, corn syrup, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla in a heavy cooking pan.
- Cook slowly, stirring gently until it forms a firm ball when dropped into cold water.
- (244 degrees on a candy thermometer) Cool mixture slightly.
- Put skewers into apples.
- Dip apples, one at a time in syrup mixture.
- Twirl gently and cover any area missed with a spoon.
- You can dip in nuts or coconut, or leave plain.
I tryed this today!!I was very dissapointed ,the syrup burnt right away and carmelized in to chucks. I cooked it on medium heat I think it should be a very low heat Tasted OK