Recipe by CrystalB
The cooked dressing for this salad will remind you of candy apples (thus the name!). Kids and adults alike love this salad. Prep time does not include cooling time.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 6 cups apples, diced
- 1 pinch salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix butter, sugar and cornstarch.
- Stir while pouring boiling water over it.
- Bring mixture to a boil and thicken.
- Then add vanilla, vinegar and salt.
- Pour over chopped apples (we like to use Spartans).
- You can add a handful of nuts or raisins or both, if you like.