Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
Another Wally recipe. great for Halloween and for a kids birthday party. You can always change the color of the candy melts to suit the occasion or season. If you use small apples, you can probably get 10.
- halloween candy sprinkles, for decorations
- decorative candies, for decorations
- 8 craft sticks, twigs or 8 cinnamon sticks
- 8 crisp apples
- 1 1⁄3 cups orange candy melts
- 1 1⁄3 cups green candy melts
- 1 1⁄3 cups milk chocolate melts
- Line a large cookie sheet with waxed paper. Pour sprinkles and candy into small bowls.
- Insert stick into stem ends of each apple. Mare sure sticks are tightly secured.
- Place each color of candy melts into a separate microwave-safe, 2-cup measuring cup or bowl.
- To melt, work with one cup of candy at a time and microwave on medium for one minute. Stir and then microwave in 15- second intervals until totally melted.
- Holding apple by stick, dip it into melted candy, swirling until apple is fully coated.
- While coating is still wet, dip apple into sprinkles or sprinkle small candies all over apple.
- Place finished apple on prepared cookie sheet to set for at least 30 minutes or up to 1 day before serving.
- Repeat with remaining apples and candy.