Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe belongs to Deborah Biggs, of Omaha, NE. It was featured in the Kraft Foods Magazine, as a winner of a Philadelphia cheesecake contest. The prep/cooking time does not include refrigeration time.
- 1 cup ginger snaps, crushed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup apple pie filling, divided
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, divided
- 1⁄2 cup toffee pieces, divided
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Mix ginger snap crumbs, butter, and 2 T sugar and press into bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie plate.
- Beat cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar and vanilla with mixer til blended.
- Add sour cream and mix well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, bleating after each until just blended.
- Stir in half EACH of the pie filling, nuts and toffee bits.
- Pour into crust.
- Bake 35 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Cool and refrigerate 4 hours.
- Top with remaining apple pie filling, nuts and toffee.