Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This one was pretty easy, tasty, and beautiful. I think it would make a gorgeous addition to a Holiday table.
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 5 granny smith apples (peeled, cored, sliced very thin)
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Cream Cheese Topping
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream, whipped
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2. In a medium bowl, combine the crumbs, sugar, cinnamon and melted butter. Mix well and press into a 10-inch pie plate and up the sides. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes until golden in color. Remove pie shell from oven and cool completely. Pour caramel into pie shell and sprinkle with 1 cup of chopped pecans. Refrigerate pie shell while making apple filling.
- 3. In a large (12-inch) skilet over medium heat, melt butter and add brown sugar, salt and cinnamon. Stir with a wooden spoon. Add apples and stir. Cook over medium to medium-high heat for 15 to 20 minutes until apples are softened and tender. Let cool for 10 minutes and pour into pie shell. Reduce oven to 350 degrees F.
- 4. In a medium bowl, using a hand-held mixer on low speed, combine cream cheese and sugar for about 1 minute until smooth. Add egg, lemon juice and vanilla and beat for 1 minute or until fully blended. Pour over apple filling in pie shell. Bake for 30 minutes until an inserted knife comes out clean. Remove pie from oven and let cool. Refrigerate for 4 hours. Let stand outside the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- 5. Top with whipped cream, caramel and pecans, and swirl with a knife. Slice and serve.