Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
If you love candied apples, you will love this jelly.
- 4 cups apple juice
- 1⁄2 cup red-hot candies
- 1 (1 3/4 ounce) powdered fruit pectin
- 4 1⁄2 cups sugar
- In a large sauce pan, combine the apples, candies and pectin. Bring to a full rolling boil (high heat). Be sure and stir constantly. Once boiling, add your sugar and bring it back up to a full rolling boil and cook for 2 more minutes. Again, keep stirring.
- You will need to skim off any foam and fish out any undissolved candies.
- Very carefully ladle your hot jelly mixture into sterilized half pint jars. I recommend using a canning funnel. Leave about 1/4 inch head space.
- Remove any air bubbles (I use a butter knife to sort of stir them out), use a damp cloth to wipe the rims clean and put your lids on, hand tighten.
- Process in a boiler water bath for 10 minutes. Make sure you have enough water to cover the the tops of the jars and remember, the water will cook down, so either add a touch more before boiling or keep a kettle of hot water on the back burner to add more if needed.
opps review on wrong recipe
This tastes really really good and I like how simple this recipe is. The only thing is, I went exactly by the recipe, and it made only 3 pint jars, Maybe they meant to say 6 half pint jars.