Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe was in a Woman's Day magazine at work.I haven't made it yet. I am putting it here for safe keeping.
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 50 caramel candies, unwrapped
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- red candy sprinkles, for garnish
- 24 ice cream sticks, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line 24 muffins cups with paper liners.
- Combine flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and salt in bowl.
- Set aside.
- In different bowl, combine applesauce, sugars, butter, sour cream and eggs.
- Mix until just combined.
- Add flour mixture to applesauce mixture and beat until well combined.
- Divive mixture among lined muffin cups.
- Bake 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool completely.
- Heat caramels in a medium sized saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently.
- Add heavy cream and stir until combined.
- Cool 2 minutes.
- Working quickly, while mixture is still warm, spread 2 tsp of glaze on each cupcake.
- If the glaze gets too hard to spread, reheat on low, stirring until glaze is more melted.
- Insert an ice cream stick in each cupcake and sprinkle with red jimmies or sprinkles if desired.
- Place in freezer for 5 minutes to set.
- Cupcakes should be glazed and served the same day.