Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This has become a holiday tradition in our home.
Make and share this Candy Apple Cheese Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 9 inches baked pie crusts
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 14 ounces eagle brand sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 20 ounces pie sliced apples, well drained on paper towels
- 1⁄4 cup red cinnamon candies
- 6 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- In large mixer bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- Gradually beat in Sweetened Condensed Milk until smooth.
- Stir in lemon juice and vanilla.
- Pour into prepared pastry shell.
- Arrange apple slices on top; set aside.
- In small sauce pan, over low heat, dissolve cinnamon candies in 4 tbsp water.
- Stir together remaining 2 tbsp water and cornstarch; add to cinnamon mixture.
- Cook and stir until mixture thickens and boils.
- Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- Drizzle over apples.
- Chill 3 hours or until set.
- Refrigerate leftovers.