Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Originally, the sausage was meant to be served on a roll. But so many people felt compelled to have a sample before it could be served, that I started cutting it up and serving it as part of a buffet or cookout appetizer. You can use more or less sausage, depending on number of servings you need. Candie is my SIL and this is her recipe.
- 20 italian sweet sausage
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 5 large onions, sliced
- 5 green peppers, sliced
- 2 -4 cups water
- Brown sausages, drain and cut in quarters.
- While sausage is cooking, combine remaining ingredients in a large pot, starting with 2 cups of water.
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer.
- Add sausages and more water if necessary.
- Simmer 1 hour, adding more water if necessary.