Recipe by Violet #2
This is dehydrated zucchini which has been candied. Some people say it tastes like dried apricots.
- 6 medium zucchini, very firm, peeled
- 2 cups sugar, granulated
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, strained or 1 tablespoon other flavoring
Directions See How It's Made
- .Make syrup by boiling sugar and water together for 5 minutes.
- Cut zucchini into 1/2" cubes.
- Drop cubes into boiling syrup and cook over low heat only until barely tender (they will become somewhat translucent).
- Chill in the syrup overnight.
- The next day, spread cubes on dryer trays and dry at 135°F for about 8 to 12 hours, until leathery.
- Store airtight.
- I know I saw where someone used Kool-Aid to flavor it. Any extract should work, too.